Ten selected for Ireland Test
Scotland Head Coach Gregor Townsend has named 10 Edinburgh Rugby players in his matchday 23 to face Ireland this Sunday 14 March in the 2021 Guinness Six Nations at BT Murrayfield.
The capital side continue to dominate Scotland's pack selection, with props WP Nel and Rory Sutherland, and regular back-row duo Jamie Ritchie and Hamish Watson all named in the starting XV.
Winger Duhan van der Merwe once again dons the No. 11 jersey and is Edinburgh's only back selected in the starting line-up.
Five Edinburgh Rugby players are named among the replacements, with hooker Dave Cherry, prop Simon Berghan, lock Grant Gilchrist, back-row Nick Haining and wing Darcy Graham all set to feature in the Round 4 match-up.
Ahead of the game, Head Coach Gregor Townsend said: “We are well aware of the threats posed by an experienced Ireland squad and our players have prepared for a contest they know is going to require one of their best performances.
“We had prepared well for our postponed game against France, and the player have adapted well to the change of plans and have brought real energy and focus to our training sessions this week.”
“Playing Ireland is always a physical affair and one that demands you keep stepping up to make tackles or contest for possession. They have played well in their opening three games of the Championship and have some outstanding players in their squad. It should be a cracking game.”
Scotland team to play Ireland at BT Murrayfield in the 2021 Guinness Six Nations
Sunday 14 March (kick-off 3pm) – live on BBC Sport
15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 82 caps
14. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 51 caps
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 25 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 15 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh) – 7 caps
10. Finn Russell VICE CAPTAIN (Racing 92) – 53 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 39 caps
1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 13 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 14 caps
3. WP Nel (Edinburgh) – 42 caps
4. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps
5. Jonny Gray (Exeter Chiefs) – 63 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 24 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh – 38 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
16. David Cherry (Edinburgh) – 2 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Bath Rugby) – 16 caps
18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 28 caps
19. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 42 caps
20. Nick Haining (Edinburgh) – 5 caps
21. Scott Steele (Harlequins) – 2 caps
22. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 28 caps
23. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) – 16 caps