Six selected for Scotland 'A' opener
Six Edinburgh Rugby stars have been selected in the Scotland A squad for this Sunday's Summer Tour opener against England A at Leicester Tigers' Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
Damien Hoyland starts at full-back with clubmate Blair Kinghorn named on the wing. Charlie Shiel starts at scrum-half and makes his first senior international appearance for Scotland.
Magnus Bradbury is the only Edinburgh Rugby forward named a starter the fixture as he packs down at Number 8, while Jamie Hodgson and George Taylor are selected among the replacements.
With nine Scotland players isolating following a positive COVID-19 case earlier this week, Taylor was a late call-up for the match at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, that will be played in front of a socially distanced crowd of 6,000 spectators.
Ahead of the fixture, Interim Head Coach Mike Blair, said: “We’ve clearly had a bit of disruption this week, but the medical team and our playing squad have handled the situation extremely professionally.
“It is unfortunately a reminder of the world we’re currently living in and the players are now isolating as per Scottish Government guidelines.
“Despite this, we’ve still had a really good training week, with this young and talented squad maintaining the high standards and levels of enthusiasm that we expect while in Scotland camp.
“As we’ve said all week, we’re treating this ‘A’ game like a Test match, and so the build-up and processes that we go through on a weekly basis have remained the same.
"We expect our squad to continue that intensity into game day, as this match gives every player an opportunity to prove themselves on the international stage.
“This is a relatively new group of players – especially with Stafford, Callum, Ben and George only just coming in to the squad - however they’ve already shown in a short space of time that they have the ability and attitude to make a statement with their performances.
“The players have put in the hard work and now we look forward to the challenge of taking on a strong England ‘A’ side this Sunday.”
Scotland ‘A’ team to play England ‘A’ at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Leicester
Sunday 27 June (kick-off 2pm) – live on Channel 4
15. Damien Hoyland (Edinburgh Rugby)
14. Rufus McLean (Glasgow Warriors)
13. Matt Scott (Leicester Tigers)
12. Stafford McDowall (Glasgow Warriors)
11. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)
10. Ross Thompson (Glasgow Warriors)
9. Charlie Shiel (Edinburgh Rugby)
1. Nick Auterac (Northampton Saints)
2. Ewan Ashman (Sale Sharks)
3. Oli Kebble (Glasgow Warrriors)
4. Cameron Henderson (Leicester Tigers)
5. Kiran McDonald (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby)
7. Rory Darge (Glasgow Warriors)
8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh Rugby)
16. Adam McBurney (Ulster Rugby)
17. Robin Hislop (Doncaster Knights)
18. Javan Sebastian (Scarlets)
19. Jamie Hodgson (Edinburgh Rugby)
20. Callum Hunter-Hill (Saracens)
21. Ben Vellacott (Wasps)
22. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors)
23. George Taylor (Edinburgh Rugby)