Seven selected for Welsh test
Winger Darcy Graham returns to action as Scotland Head Coach Gregor Townsend names seven Edinburgh Rugby stars in his side to face Wales at BT Murrayfield this Saturday (13 February, kick off 16:45).
The former Hawick man takes the place of the injured Sean Maitland in the starting XV, while Edinburgh star Jamie Ritchie also misses out after picking up a knock.
Rory Sutherland once again gets the nod at loosehead prop, with Hamish Watson continuing in Scotland's No. 7 jersey.
Winger Duhan van der Merwe - a try-scorer in last weekend's Calcutta Cup win over England - joins clubmate Graham in the back-three.
Prop WP Nel, stand-off Jaco van der Walt and last weekend's debutant, Dave Cherry, are all once again named among the replacements.
Ahead of the fixture, Head Coach Gregor Townsend said: “We have an opportunity this weekend against Wales to continue the positive start to the Guinness Six Nations we made last week against England.
“It was a very encouraging performance at Twickenham and the squad performed to a level which has to be the benchmark throughout the tournament. Wales are also coming into this game after a win and will have the same objective, so it will be a tough challenge as always.
“Both teams were involved in physical contests last weekend, and that is evidenced by the injuries Wales and we ourselves have picked up. For us, we are able to bring in three quality players in Blade, James and Darcy. They have been training well and are highly motivated to make the most of this opportunity.”
Scotland team to play Wales at BT Murrayfield, 2021 Guinness Six Nations
Saturday 13 February (kick-off 4.45pm) – live on BBC Sport
15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 81 caps
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 24 caps
12. James Lang (Harlequins) – 5 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh) – 6 caps
10. Finn Russell VICE CAPTAIN (Racing 92) – 52 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 38 caps
1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 12 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 13 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 35 caps
4. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – 18 caps
5. Jonny Gray VICE CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 62 caps
6. Blade Thomson (Scarlets) – 9 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh – 37 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 10 caps
16. David Cherry (Edinburgh) – 1 cap
17. Oli Kebble (Glasgow Warriors) – 6 caps
18. WP Nel (Edinburgh) – 41 caps
19. Richie Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 66 caps
20. Gary Graham (Newcastle Falcons) – 3 caps
21. Scott Steele (Harlequins) – 2 caps
22. Jaco van der Walt (Edinburgh) – 1 cap
23. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 27 caps