Five named in U20 side to face Wales
Scotland U20 Head Coach Sean Lineen has named five Edinburgh Rugby players in his side to face tournament hosts, Wales, in the final game of the Under-20 Six Nations tomorrow evening at Cardiff Arms Park (Tuesday 13 July, kick-off 8pm) - live on BBC iPlayer, BBC Two Wales and YouTube.
Patrick Harrison and Ben Muncaster start at hooker and Number 8 respectively, while Cammy Scott (stand-off) and Scott King (outside-centre) both return to the starting XV.
Loosehead prop Cole Lamberton is named among the replacements, as is back-row Harri Morris, who featured for the capital club in the Rainbow Cup earlier this year.
Although Scotland have been on the receiving end of some tough results this Championship the team will look to their predecessors’ performance against Wales last time out when they produced a stunning seven try display to win 17-52 away in Colwyn Bay.
Scotland Under-20, Head Coach Sean Lineen said: “There were good periods of play last week, with our physicality showing through with three tries from our forwards.
“Everyone in the 32-man squad has now had an opportunity to show what they can do on the pitch; it’s made selection for the final game of the tournament hugely challenging as this young squad shows huge potential at times.
“This team has displayed huge amounts of passion and spirit in all but one game during the Six Nations Championship. It’s been a long month down here in Cardiff with games coming thick and fast, tomorrow will be a big ask for them to pull together for one last game but the team are up for the task and will look to finish on a high with a good performance against Wales.”
Scotland U20 team to face Wales tomorrow at Cardiff Arms Park
Tuesday 13 July (kick-off 8pm)
15. Alex Clayton (Bath University)
14. Finlay Callaghan* (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors)
13. Scott King* (Heriot’s Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby)
12. Michael Gray*(Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
11. Ollie Melville* (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
10. Cameron Scott* (Southern Knights/Edinburgh Rugby)
9. Murray Redpath (Newcastle University)
1. Michael Jones* (Boroughmuir Bears)
2. Patrick Harrison* (Southern Knights / Edinburgh Rugby)
3. Corey Bowker (Leeds Becket University)
4. Euan Ferrie (Glasgow Hawks)
5. Alex Samuel* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) CAPTAIN
6. Ollie Leatherbarrow (Exeter University)
8. Ben Muncaster* (Watsonians Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby)
7. Harri Morris (Southern Knights)
16. Jamie Drummond* (Ayrshire Bulls)
17. Cole Lamberton*(Watsonians Rugby / Edinburgh Rugby)
18. George Breese* (Stirling Wolves)
19. Max Williamson* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
20. Rhys Tait (Southern Knights)
21. Rory Jackson* (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors)
22. Euan Cunningham* (Stirling County / Glasgow Warriors)
23. Christian Townsend* (Ayrshire Bulls)
24. Elliot Gourlay (Sale Sharks)
25. Thomas Glendinning* (Glasgow Hawks)
26. Adam Scott* (GHA)