Edinburgh Rugby is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
Scottish Rugby Union Limited is a company registered in Scotland (Company Number SC132061) and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner (ICO registration number Z9734099).
1. What personal information we collect
We may collect, hold and use the following personal information from or about you:
- Your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email and gender;
- Your nationality, ethnicity and religion;
- Your bank account and payment details;
- Details related to your education, qualifications or training (including PVG scheme membership details);
- Details related to your rugby union performance or participation;
- Details related to your health and any disabilities;
- The information you provide when reporting a serious injury or submitting an insurance claim. This may include health and medical information;
- Your image (if filmed or recorded during your participation in matches, competitions or events or when attending our matches, competitions or events);
- Details of your use of our IT systems, applications and websites (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access);
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and
- Any other personal information you provide to us when contacting or corresponding with us, when requesting products and services from us, when entering into any contract with us, when signing up to, attending or participating in our events, competitions or matches, or when entering our promotions.
We may monitor or record your telephone conversations with us for security purposes and to improve the quality of products and services on offer to you.
Please note that CCTV is in operation at our premises for safety, security and crime prevention purposes.
Please also note that filming and photography takes places at certain of our matches, competitions and events. By attending any match, competition or event, you agree to your image being filmed, photographed or recorded at that match, competition or event and grant your permission, free of charge, for both Scottish Rugby and its licensees to use such images in pictures and/or films (including publication on the internet and in social media).
2. Why we collect your personal information
We may collect, hold and use personal information from or about you for the following purposes:
- to manage, develop, promote and administer matches, competitions, events and the sport of rugby union and your participation in the same (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to monitor, assess, record and report on your performance or participation in rugby union (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to monitor, assess, record and report on your welfare, safety and injuries (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to review, monitor, record, verify and enforce rugby union or other event/competition based participation requirements such as registration, movements and transfers, qualifications, discipline, anti-doping and eligibility (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to provide you with membership services (including any insurance and medical benefits) and to keep in contact with you for such purposes;
- to compile and provide reports and statistics related to the sport of rugby union, matches, competitions and events and/or your participation in it (and to invite you to participate in surveys related to the same);
- to set up and administer any of your online accounts with us;
- to administer and complete any request that you make of us, for example to provide any product or service that you have requested from us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- for the purposes of the performance of any contract that you have entered into or are taking steps to enter into with us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to manage, understand and respect your preferences;
- to keep you informed via mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by us, or our sponsors or partners, that may be of interest to you and to personalise and/or tailor any such communications (only if you have agreed to be contacted in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw that agreement at any time);
- to improve the products and services we offer;
- to obtain feedback on our website or on our matches, events, competitions, products and services;
- for record keeping, research, monitoring and analysis purposes;
- to you keep you informed of any changes to our website;
- to help diagnose server problems and administer our website; and
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement and fraud prevention requirements (including PVG requirements).
We may collect, hold and use personal information related to your gender, health, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation for statutory and regulatory reporting purposes, for equality monitoring purposes and to provide any reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act 2010.
3. Who we share your personal information with and why
Your name may appear publicly on our websites and systems in the context of team sheets and other match, participation, competition or event related reporting or statistics.
Also, your name, email and telephone number may appear publicly in our Rugby Record publication and on our websites and systems if you are a relevant contact or office bearer for your club, school, body or society.
Otherwise, unless you specifically agree or ask us to share your personal information with a third-party, your personal information will only be shared as follows:
- with the rugby club, school, body or society that you are a member of or participate with (or are taking steps to join/participate with) if this is required in the context of your participation in rugby union or in any of our matches, competitions or events;
- with other members of our group of companies;
- with our website hosting and IT systems providers;
- with World Rugby, sportscotland, relevant local authorities and relevant anti-doping and other agencies for reporting, monitoring and enforcement purposes and to provide meaningful statistics to such bodies and agencies;
- with our insurers where necessary for the purposes of the maintenance and operation of coverage and the evaluation and administration of any claims or potential claims;
- with our healthcare and medical providers where necessary for the purposes of providing treatment or coverage;
- with any third-party whose services we require to use for the administration, management or
completion of any request that you have made of us or any contract that you have entered into (or taken steps to enter into) with us;
- with our sponsors or partners to keep you informed via mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by them that may be of interest to you (only if you have agreed for your personal information to be shared in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw that agreement at any time);
- with our professional and legal advisers for the purposes of taking such advice;
- with relevant statutory or regulatory bodies to comply with statutory, legal, reporting or regulatory requirements and obligations, these include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland; or
- with any other third party where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement, fraud prevention, to enforce the terms under which you contracted with us, or to protect our rights, property, your safety and security, or the security or safety of the users of our website and IT systems or the attendees at our matches, competitions and events.
If we share your personal information with third-parties, they will be “processors” and subject to written conditions to only process your personal information in accordance with our instructions and to protect it. We will only share your personal information with third-parties if we are required to do so for specific purposes and will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
4. Children aged 16 or under
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. We request that children aged 16 or under do not provide any personal information directly to us and that any such information is only provided by the relevant child’s parent or guardian, or with the permission of the relevant child’s parent or guardian.
5. How your personal information is protected and where it is kept
Your personal information will be held within the United Kingdom or in the European Economic Area on a secure server.
If you are using our SCRUMS registration system, limited password protected and permissions based access rights will be made available to you, to the rugby club, school, body or society that you are a member of participate with (or are taking steps to join/participate with), and to our own staff and administrators.
We will use reasonable security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
If a password is required to access certain areas of our website, IT systems or applications, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. You must not leave your password unattended or disclose your password to any other person.
6. How long your personal information is kept
Your personal information will be held for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. We will carry out periodic reviews of the personal information that we hold about you to ensure that this is the case.
If you are using our SCRUMS registration system and we are notified that you no longer participate in the sport of rugby union then your information will be removed from SCRUMS after 5 years from the end of the end of the last season in which you participated (or earlier if you have requested that your information is removed earlier).
Your information may be held for longer than that 5-year period for historical, statistical and record keeping purposes in respect of disciplinary matters, insurance purposes, competition results and scores.
Records of your involvement in a match, competition or event, on team sheets, on results pages or in match reports may be held indefinitely to maintain a record of the game.
We will also retain your personal information to maintain historical, statistical and statutory records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations or guidance.
7. Your rights
You have the right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you is modified or corrected at any time.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to participate in our matches, events and competitions or to obtain products and services from us).
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict or stop the processing of your personal information for specific purposes at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to participate in our matches, events and competitions or to obtain products and services from us);
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide your personal information to you in a particular format for your own re-use.
You have the right to access (without charge) the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request” of us at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out below. Any requests will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at ww.ico.org.uk.
Scottish Rugby Union Limited, BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ; email: [email protected]
May 2019 © Scottish Rugby Union Limited 2019